About The Event
The Juris En Conference on International Law, 2020 (JECIL 2020) is an academic conference on the modernist approaches of International Law and its allied fields. This conference is being organized by InternationalismTM, a research organization dedicated to the innovative evolution of international law via academics, learning and social entrepreneurship. We are in collaboration with ISAIL-Lucknow Institute for a Greater Europe. Check out our brochure for more information about the conference here.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
- Themes of the Conference:
Track 1: International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and International Criminal Law: The Multidisciplinary Perspective
- Humanitarian Dialogue & Entrepreneurship
- Individual Criminal Responsibility of Heads of States
- Sex Violence and International Criminal Law
- Common Article 3: Threshold and its impact
- Geopolitical & Military Studies and International Law
- Law of the United Nations and IHL
- Cyber Violence and IHL
- American International Law and Perpetual Peace Models of IHL
- Failed/Weak States – Their Regional Subsidiarity
- National Courts and their Jurisdictional Paradigms on War Crimes
- Concept of State Building in International Law: A Multidisciplinary Perspective
- Access to International Protection: Towards a Gradual Merger between Refugee Law and International Humanitarian Law?
- Evolution of Refugee law in the context of the latest socio-political developments
Track 2: Law of Space, Satellites and Cyberspace
- Commercialization of Space
- Artificial Intelligence and International Law
- Implications of IHL in Cyberspace
- New Technologies of warfare: Cyberwarfare
- International Legal Personality in Cyberspace: Diplomatic and Legal Concerns
- International Law and IPR, E-Commerce
- Lethal Autonomous Weapons and International Law
- Space Law Treaties: Commercial and Non-Commercial
- Data Protection & Privacy in the realm of cyberspace
- Artificial Intelligence and its implications for International Commercial Law
- Cross-border investment in the cyber domain
- Regulation of Cyberspace by International Law
- Effect of rapidly developing cyberspace on corporate entities
- Evolution of International Commercial Law due to evolving cyberspace
- The conflict between the data subject's rights and powers of online platforms – the right to be forgotten
- Virtual Dispute Resolution and International Relations
Track 3: International Human Rights Law and Related Contemporary Issues
- UN Human Rights Treaties and their contemporary approach
- Contemporary forms of Human Rights Violations
- Extraterritorial Application of IHRL Treaties
- Subsidiarity of Human Rights Regimes in International Law
- Feminist Jurisprudence in International Human Rights Law
- Self-Determination and Secession in International Law
- International Cyber Law and Human Rights
- Global Administrative Law
- International Law and Terrorism: Human Rights Approach
- The relation between International Law and International Politics
- Fragmentation of International Law
- The relevance of Generation Theory of Human Rights
- The Human Rights perspective of the principles of International Refugee Law
Track 4: International Trade Law: The Modernist Perspectives
- Issues in Trade Law: Plurilateral versus Multilateral Trade Agreements
- Corporate Social Responsibility and the Global Value Chain
- Issues in Investment Law: Adapting ISDS to New Global Challenges
- Trading Forward: Adapting to a Changing World
- Business and Human Rights: Trade and Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Resolving cross-border insolvency
- Increasing Access to International Arbitration
- International Economic Sanctions and its implications
- Financial corruption under international commercial law
- Cross-border M&A and international commercial law
- International Commercial Arbitration in Cyberspace
- The abstract must not exceed 300 words in length.
- The paper length must not exceed or concede out of the range of 5,000-10,000 words.
- The object and clarity of the paper decides its selection, and publication process.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 3 authors,
- All references should be done in the format of in-text citations following the Chicago Manual of Style (16th Edition). No references are allowed whether in the format of endnotes or footnotes. However, footnotes providing further information or subjective notes are allowed. Check out the format of the paper for use here [Link to the paper format:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GQLOYK4AmOvOSGuzaiZMmhNTiaIb3GBW/view?usp=sharing ]
- Also, kindly provide a Bibliography of List of References as well.
- Kindly register at EasyChair, a conference management portal at this link provided [https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jecil2020].
- Provide your ORCiD (Kindly register at orcid.org for free), in your paper submitted to us at easychair.org.
- Ensure the originality of the research work submitted. The work has to be fully referenced, and all authors should be accurately represented. Kindly get acknowledgement letters from co-authors before the submission for no objection, if your paper is accepted for publication.
- Kindly submit the abstract first in the form of a PDF to us at the portal. After due approval given by the team, kindly go back to your CFP portal at EasyChair and update your file by adding the final paper in PDF form only (we will ask for the .DOC file later after approval).
- Our team will contact you after your paper selection for the due submission of your ORCiD.
- The submission must be exclusive. It must not be published anywhere else, all, or in part. In case of submission anywhere else, the author should intimate the team clearly on this.
- No abstention of presence during the conference shall be granted to the presenters. Also, presenters can opt to present the papers in the form of either Skype or via physical presence.
- Disclose sources of all data and third-party material, including previously unpublished work by the authors themselves.
- Strictly avoid fabrication of research data as well as manipulation of existing data.
- Openly declare any conflicts of interest – for example, if the research work was intended to benefit any particular service or institute in which the author’s interest lies. If the submitted work contains a significant conceptual or textual reproduction of the research work undertaken by/for such institution, then kindly submit acknowledgement letter from the relevant authority.
- Expect accurate plagiarism checking measures. Submissions will be scrutinized for plagiarism of words, ideas, writings, information, illustration, graphic representations, printed and electronic materials, and any other original work. The correct citation is essential.
- Do proper referencing in the submission by strictly following the recommended citation style. At any stage of the editorial/review process, author(s) will be directed to undertake this themselves if the submission has not used proper referencing styles. Maintain good communication and co-operate fully with the editorial team.
- All the selection remarks for the papers will be provided on EasyChair to every individual applicant with the case whether their paper is approved or not.
- Only 1 paper can be submitted per participant. More than one papers are not allowed, and only 1 Track, therefore, is to be chosen. If the guidelines are not adhered, the paper shall stand disqualified with due notification issued.
- The papers reviewed and approved by the Peer Review Committee will be published in our upcoming Proceedings of the Conference with an ISBN. The proceedings shall be available on EasyChair and in other possible forms and forums. The team will be in process of attainment of adequate recognition standards for the papers published, for which, we will contact you and intimate shortly.
- Deadlines for the Paper Submissions:
- Deadline for Abstract: 20 July, 2019
- Deadline for Paper: 20 September, 2019
- Intimation of Selection of Paper by Assessment: 1 October, 2019
Please note: After your paper is approved for publication in the proceedings, we will communicate with you for the process of payment.
The payment for registration in the conference is as per the academic status of the applicant affirmed:
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate Students/Research Scholars - 1,500 INR
- Professionals/Faculties/ - 2,000 INR
- Foreign Delegates - 40 USD
The process of payment will be online, and after the approval of the papers submitted, we will inform you shortly.
- Dr. Bhanu Pratap, Assistant Professor, University of Lucknow, Conference Chair
- Abhivardhan, Convenor (firstname.lastname@example.org;)
- Swati Singh Parmar, Academic Advisor
- Priyanshu AP, Organizing Secretary (email@example.com)
- Aditya Singh, Chairman, Alexis Group
- Philippe Lefevre, Chair, Institute for a Greater Europe, UK
- Piyush Ranjan Dubey, Lakshat Tech LLP
- Mohd Altamash Masood, Lakshat Tech LLP
- Directors, Academic Operations:
- Saumya Kumar, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India
- Sharad Trivedi, Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow, India
- Prajwol Bickram Rana, Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal
- Kalpana Mittal, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, India
- Shivesh Raghuvanshi, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, India
- Syamantak Sen, National Law Institute University Bhopal, India
- Utkarsh Mishra, Symbiosis Law School, Noida, India
- Kunal Taneja, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, India
- Neeta Poudel, Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal
- Pushp Kumar, Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- Directors, Human Resources:
- Harshika Sondhi, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, India
- Rasika Joshi, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
- Abhishek Singh Bhadouriya, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur, India
- Shreya Eliza Sunny, Christ University, Bangalore, India
- Neha Agarwal
- Chetna Bhardwaj
Peer Review Committee
- Honorary Academic Members:
- Anirudha Chaudhary, Assistant Professor, KIIT School of Law, India
- Bulbul Khaitan, Doctoral Candidate, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Quazi Omar Foysal, Lecturer in International Law, American International University, Bangladesh
- Sara Arafa, ICRC Protection Delegate in Beirut, Lebanon
- Luisa Fernanda Cañas Arandia, Professional in International Human Rights Law
- Arushi Alka Bajpai, Research Associate, Jindal Global University, India
- Koagne Zouapet Apollin, PhD Candidate, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Nivedita S, Research Associate, Centre for International Law, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Udomo Ali, Founding Member, International Law and Technology Interoperability Association, Nigeria
- Shobhitabh Srivastava, Tamil Nadu National Law University, India
All questions about submissions should be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call at +91-8920665575 (Harshika Sondhi) and +91-8741094389 (Neha Agarwal) for any queries.
You can connect us at Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter to ask up for queries.
Our official Conference Page is internationalism.co.in/jecil.
We need some staple financial support to organize this academic conference. Kindly support us at Ketto.org.
Donate us at https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/help-us-organize-the-juris-en-conference-2020?utm_source=campaigner&utm_medium=fbpageshare&utm_campaign=help-us-organize-the-juris-en-conference-2020&utm_content=968307&fbclid=IwAR2OmuOQJ8xmnuSsnxV0qSbtoJ0r11XpMBZjxLWLRwdLXI2EgqLiAzGYIr4